Outlook Express is specially designed for home users who gain access to their email messages by dialing in to an ISP. It comes with Windows operating system. Whereas Outlook 2010 is primarily designed for business users and it comes with MS Office and MS Exchange server. The former one supports SMTP, POP3 and IMAP and on the other hand the later one does everything that Express version does and even more.
Outlook 2010 is favorite among Window users for creating and managing emails, contacts, calendar entries and other personal information. Both are different in their features and functionalities, but Outlook is more advanced and comes with added features, this is the reason that lot of people prefer to switch to it and doing this is extremely easy. Follow the instruction given in this article to upgrade your email client to Outlook 2010.
The first thing that you need to do is to buy the latest version of this email server. But before you start downloading or installing it, back up your Express email data, so that later you can import it in other email account.
- Uninstall any previous or beta version of Outlook from your device. (Note: Express is connected with Internet explorer and Windows OS that why it can’t be uninstalled, but you need to disable it.)
- Then visit Microsoft site and download Outlook 2010 and save the file on desktop.
- Double click the saved file to open it and then follow the wizard’s instructions and install the email client.
- Once the process finishes, reboot your system.
- After reboot, open the installed email server and click on file menu to Select Advanced tab and then click on Export. (This opens the import and export wizard)
- Select Import Internet Mail Account settings and then click Next button.
Remember: Your email account settings should be correct including account name, email address and incoming/outgoing server information etc.
- Select the Internet connection method and click Next.
- Finally, click the Finish button.
This way you can send and receive messages and use personal information in Outlook 2010. But many a times after it’s installation, when the user try to launch it, Outlook express opens up instead of 2010, this happens because you might have set up your previous email client to open by default. So, you will have to change the settings and set Outlook 2010 as your default account.
- Launch Outlook 2010 and click on the File tab and select Options.
- Then go to the General tab and click on Make Outlook the default program for email, contacts and calendar under the start up options.
- Click OK.
If you have downloaded this email software when you are already having the previous version of Outlook in your system then it will automatically update the settings and clear out the previous version. Ultimately, you won’t be able to use the previous version. If you are still having any question about any of these email clients then the best way to get answer is to contact email experts on Outlook Support Number Australia. Only an expert can resolve your queries.